True Leaf is committed to safeguarding the personal information of individuals. This privacy statement outlines the practices we follow in protecting personal information and applies to True Leaf and to any person providing services on our behalf. However, this policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that True Leaf does not own or control, or to individuals that True Leaf does not employ or manage. A copy of this privacy statement will be provided to any person upon request.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect only the personal information that we need for the purpose of providing our services, including personal information needed to deliver requested products, purchase our securities and send out information relating to True Leaf. We normally collect personal information directly from the individual to whom it pertains. We may collect your information from other persons with your consent or as authorized by law.
When making an investment in our securities we will need to collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, birthdate, and other personal information.
- Financial information, including your social security number, income, and net worth.
- Your user name and password.
- Information to confirm your identity, such as a completed electronic check transaction or a credit report.
- Information to confirm your place of residence.
- Information about your use of the Site.
- Information about your computer configuration.
- Information to confirm your relationship with other parties associated with the Site.
- Information about your bank accounts or other sources of payment.
- Your IP address.
Use of Your Personal Information
We inform individuals, before or at the time of collecting personal information, of the purposes for which we are collecting the information. The only time we don't provide this notification is when information is volunteered for an obvious purpose (for example, if a person provides their email address for the purpose of receiving our newsletter).
- Verify that you are permitted to use and invest through the Site.
- Keep track of your investments.
- Guard against fraud.
- Comply with applicable law.
- Answer your questions.
- Protect our rights.
- Send to third parties at your request.
- Process your transactions at the Site.
- Determine whether your computer information is compatible with the Site.
- Keep track of your use of the Site.
- Send you information about your investments.
- Analyze use of the Site.
- Improve the Site.
- Send you information about the Site.
- Send you materials about us.
- Other purposes we disclose to you.
We do not provide any third party with any of your personal information except in these situations:
- We use third parties to perform services for the Site, such as hosting services, electronic signature providers, electronic payment service providers, and services that verify the qualification of investors. Each of these third parties will need some of your personal and/or financial information to perform their services.
- If you invest, we will identify you on exempt distribution reports, tax returns and other government forms.
- We will provide information if we believe we are required to do so by law.
- If our company is sold, all information will be transferred to our successor.
- If you choose to participate in discussions or messages boards at the Site, other users will be able to see your name (but not any other personal information) and any other information you voluntarily provide to be seen.
- We do not provide any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We will send you email notifications from time to time. For example, we may send you emails:
- To confirm your registration.
- To provide you with legal notices.
- To provide you with offers of our products.
- When the online profile you created is changed.
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or otherwise provide feedback.
- To confirm your investment in a project.
- To ask you for information.
You may also receive emails from third party providers.
We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure, or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information. We use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information, including shredding paper records and permanently deleting electronic records.
Your True Leaf account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
We employ a secure channel, using Secure Sockets Layer encryption, the standard for secure Internet network connections, to protect information exchanged over the Internet between your web browser and our servers.
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information collected by us is accurate and complete. We rely on individuals to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect their relationship with our organization. If you are aware of an error in our information about you, please let us know and we will correct it on request wherever possible. In some cases, we may ask for a written request for correction.
Conditions of Use
Modifying and Deleting Information
To modify or delete your personal information, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary legal and business purposes.
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. The California Act requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personal information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The California Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. There is no charge.
We or our service providers (such as Google Analytics) may collect data related to your use of the Service, including which of our pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences. This data collection may be accomplished by using cookies, web beacons, page tags or similar electronic tools. Such web surfing data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Site. Web surfing data and similar information may be used for administrative purposes, to assess the usage, value, and performance of our online products and services, and to improve your experience with the Service. As with cookies, the web surfing information collected is aggregated, anonymous “click stream” and transactional data, and is not associated with any users as individuals.
Third Party Sites
Questions and Complaints
If you have a question or concern about any collection, use, or disclosure of personal information by True Leaf, or about a request for access to your own personal information, please contact us.